We’re committed to making sure your privacy is protected.
How we do this
What information do we collect about you, and why?
We will only ever use your data when there is a legal basis for doing so. The most common uses of your personal data by us are:
• In order to perform a contract between you and us such as e-mailing you your e-tickets and/or details of a purchase you have made, such as a Play Pass or Membership
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests
• When you have given us consent to process your personal data in order to send marketing info to you This may include the following information;
• Contact information including postal and/or email address, telephone number, etc.
• Credit card or other payment card details (we only take his detail when payment is required for tickets/events booked)
Third party information
We may also collect third party information such as the name of a gift recipient for whom you have purchased a gift. We will assume that you have the necessary permission to provide these details.
Storing of personal data
We promise to store the information we hold on you in secure third-party systems or in accordance with the suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures we have put in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect through our website and through other contact with our organisation. In many instances we will delete this information once it has been processed but we will not keep it for longer than five years unless you continue to remain subscribed to our databases.
We’re committed to ensuring your financial security when buying tickets and/or products on our website. We use a third party online ticketing supplier called Vennersys who is PCI compliant. The customer data of ours they hold is hosted on servers on the EU and subject to the General Data Protection Regulations. Any personal and financial information you enter when purchasing our online tickets and/or products takes place on Vennersys platform using Dojo payments, following PCI compliant online payment gateways to accept payments.
When purchasing online to book your visit, event, membership, or Play Pass, we provide the opportunity for visitors to sign up to receive marketing communication from us. You can opt- in or opt- out on time of booking, we use a third-party system ‘Mailchimp’ to store your data. You can easily unsubscribe from our marketing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We occasionally run competitions on our website/ social media platforms to win tickets, products, or experiences and as part of this we will ask permission to hold your data until a winner has been selected. We will also ask permission to publish your name on our website/ social media as the winner as social proof. You have the right to be kept anonymous.
We use Google Analytics to collect data about traffic to The Ice Cream Farm website via Google advertising cookies. Non personally identifiable information is stored indefinitely for historical reasons to improve the overall user experience.
As well as data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation, we also use Google Display Network Impression Reporting and DoubleClick Platform integrations. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking please visit and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We use Google Adwords to offer our products and services to potential customers that search for relevant terms on Google. For more information about the collection, use and sharing of data when using a Google product click here.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we don’t have any control over that website.
Under GDPR you have the right to request details of the personal information we hold about you at any time. Such requests will be provided to you in an accessible format, typically within 1 month of the request being received, and will be free of charge. However, if your request is particularly complex, we may require longer to process your request and a charge may be incurred, but we will always notify and keep you updated on this. We may also need to request specific information from you such as forms of identification. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
The following are all the other rights that you have under GDPR:
• Request correction of your personal data
• Request erasure of your personal data
• Object to processing or request restriction of processing of your personal data
• Request transfer of your personal data
• Right to withdraw consent To exercise any of these rights or for further information with regards to data protection, please contact us email@example.com.