Here at The Ice Cream Farm we are always on the lookout for ways we can be more sustainable and encourage our visitors to think about the environment.
Our new vision statement is: To play our part in creating a sustainable future for our visitors, our community, and our team.
Here are just some of the many ways we’ve taken steps to reduce our carbon footprint in recent months…
- Having solar panels fitted on the roof of the main building;
- Discovering a business which will recycle ice cream tubs and turn them into outdoor furniture;
- Planting a large area of wild flower seeds at The Ice Cream Drive In next to The Ice Cream Farm;
- Creating a lake at The Ice Cream Drive In to encourage wildlife;
- Changing all lighting to LED;
- Signing up to Brakes Plant A Tree scheme;
- Encouraging visitors to use Go Compare’s Fuel Calculator;
- Using borehole water for the indoor sand and water play area Honeycomb Canyon;
- Changing all plastic packaging to VegWare;
- Changing all food tubs to a biodegradable version;
- Using predominantly local suppliers and contractors (we estimate more than 80%);
- Ensuring staff with a company car have an electric vehicle;
- Local workforce can use a Cycle to Work scheme – and many walk;
- Water stations to refill water bottles around The Ice Cream Farm;
- All of our quad bikes, mini-Land Rovers and golf buggies are battery powered;
- Our Impulse Emporium Team Leader is looking towards getting more sustainable toys;
- Digital menus in the restaurant which negate the need for printing/paper;
- All waste is hand sorted for recycling by an external company.
Got an idea of something else we could do? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your sustainability ideas – we’d love to hear them.